Murnau am Staffelsee
Murnau is a lovely little town located about 45 minutes by car (or train) south of Munich, respectively 25 km north of Garmisch-Partenkirchen embedded in the picturesque landscape at the foothills of the Bavarian Alps with its romantic lakes and unique moorlands. Murnau is the centre of the holiday region around lake Staffelsee, a piece of "picture book" Bavaria.
For more information please visit the Murnau homepage.
Culture and Convention Centre
The Murnau Conference will take place at the modern Culture and Convention Centre located in the centre of Murnau (Kohlgruberstr. 1). While the scientific sessions are held in the large lecture hall, posters and industrial exhibition are presented in the foyer of the building, with lots of opportunities to discuss science in a casual and friendly atmosphere.
How to get to Murnau
With its central location between Munich (70 km) and the Bavarian Alps (Garmisch-Partenkirchen 25 km), Murnau offers an attractive combination of proximity to urban centres and vicinity to spectacular beauty of nature.
• Autobahn (motorway) A 95 Munich - Garmisch-Partenkirchen, exit Sindelsdorf or Murnau
• Bundesstraße (major road) B 2
• Online route planning
By train or bus:
• Hourly train connections from Munich
• Hourly train connections from Innsbruck / Garmisch-Partenkirchen
• Connections to Mittenwald, Innsbruck, Bad Kohlgrub and Oberammergau
• Hourly connections to Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen
• Regional bus service
Nearest airports are:
• Innsbruck (Austria)
Find Murnau at Google Maps